Thursday, September 6, 2007

Week 6, Thing 15 - Library 2.0

While completing this activity, I became very sentimental because I remembered something that happened almost exactly 10 years ago - back in October 1997!

Way back then, I really wanted to learn what the Internet was all about and decided to attend Introduction to the Internet at the Perry Hall Library. I still remember being totally in awe and amazed as the librarian (Ruth Martin) explained and demonstrated Internet Basics. Most important, I specifically remember how happy Ruth was to answer my multitude of questions after the session!

As we increase our knowledge about technological advances, embrace constant change, and prepare for libraries that will probably look very different in the future...one thing will hopefully remain the same - providing our patrons with a Calendar of Events that offers programs, at various levels, about current technology. Eventually, maybe an event will be offered to the public about what we're learning right now!

No comments: