Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 9, Thing 23 - Summarize thoughts about program

Wow! I did it!!

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Some of my favorite discoveries/exercises included: posting an image from Flickr (after several attempts!), exploring LibraryThing, discovering http://del.icio.us/popular/cooking, learning that the word for quick in Hawaiin is wiki and posting from YouTube to my blog... All you Need is Love by The Beatles.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
First, looking back to Thing #2, I stated that the easiest habit for me was Habit 2 - Accept responsibility for your own learning. By completing this program, I fortunately proved Habit 2 to be true! Next, I stated that the most difficult habit for me was to use technology to my advantage. However, by completing all of the exercises in the program, I discovered I can use technology to my advantage....a very big and wonderful surprise!!

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
The biggest unexpected outcome for me was that I realized I can learn and apply new technological concepts if I focus and take the time to work through the steps.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept?
Schedule more "Drop-In/ Catch-Up" sessions.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate? Yes!!

6. How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?
I have learned sooo much by participating in this program. I must be honest, several times I was very frustrated (part of the learning process) for various reasons ... but I was determined to hang in there until the activity was completed! By doing so, I found myself becoming more and more motivated to complete the next "thing." Best of all, I will continue to use some of the new "things" I've learned!! : )






2 comments:

JimD said...

Congratulations! And thanks for working through the whole program. I know it was a lot to do. We'll be looking at everyone's posts to see how we can acheive this more effectively in the future. Many of us were new to this and starting out with all 23 things might have been an ambitious strategy. Still, it has worked for a lot of us - you and me included!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TĂȘnis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.