Thursday, September 13, 2007

Week 8, Thing 19 - Web 2.0 Awards

On the Web 2.0 Awards page (http://www.seomoz.org/web2.0/short) I explored the link to the Short Version (Just the Winners) and noticed many of the sites we've learned about such as: Flickr, Bloglines, Technorati, Library Thing, Del.icio.us, and Rollyo.

I spent a few minutes looking at some winners that I always hear people mention (but this is my first time visiting the sites)...Craigslist, Facebook, YouTube.

I decided to look at a winner in the music section: Last.fm which I found interesting. After you enter your favorite artist, a list appears stating other musicians/groups you would probably like based on your favorite entry. Then you can listen to a "station" that suits your taste. This site could possibly help the library with music selection. Selectors could enter artists/groups whose cds circulate well...and come up with a list of other music possibilities patrons would probably enjoy.

No comments: