Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 9, Thing 20 - YouTube

I really enjoyed this site. It was easy to search for videos and I found several I liked. Somehow, with a few clicks here and there, I managed to post a video to my blog. The one I selected was All You Need is Love by The Beatles coz it’s one of my favorite songs.

The main feature of YouTube that would be interesting if applied to our library website is simply the opportunity for patrons to view a quick and informative video about something (or several things!) related to BCPL. Our very own Media Services could produce the video(s). Topics could include: general tour of a branch and services and events provided, behind the scenes look at library departments and functions, info about Baby Booster, Story Timers & Summer Reading Club, updates on new branch locations and renovation/projects such as Storyville, BCPL's participation in the community,and fundraising events - Novel Night.

No comments: